Car Maintenance Tips
Car care and maintenance is always crucial, especially so for drivers in Arizona. Our desert climate and the extreme weather we experience during the summer months causes more wear and tear in vehicles than in other parts of the country.
Here are some essential car care tips to keep your vehicle in good shape and running for longer:
Check the Battery
– Dirt and dust can build up on your car battery, and the terminals can become corroded. This is something you need to check for and address regularly. Also, check for cracks in the battery cases and frayed cables.
Check Fluids Often
– All the car fluids such as the brake, power steering, coolant as well as the windshield washer fluid must be checked regularly. If they are low, make sure you refill them to the required level.
– Most Arizona drivers are aware that the mileage they drive is more relevant than the period when it comes to oil changes. Ensure you change the oil as per the engine oil manufacturer specifications.
– Arizona’s scorching heat can affect the condition of your tires, which is why they need to be part of regular car care. Check tire pressure and look for signs of rotting, low tread levels or cracks.
Change Air Filters
– The car’s air filters don’t last long in the desert conditions. If sand and dust builds-up in the filter, you’ll notice strange sounds when your vehicle is idling. Sometimes you may have to deal with issues like backfiring, slower acceleration and exhaust emissions. Check and replace the air filters regularly.
Inspect Hoses and Drive Belts
– The hot, dry desert air stresses your car’s hoses and belts, causing them to crack, dry rot or have some other issues. Inspect these components often, and you will notice issues if any, visually.
Other Car Care To Keep In Mind
When it comes to your car care and maintenance other parts that need to be checked as part of routine car care are the timing belts and brakes. If your vehicle is making strange noises, it indicates that it’s time to get a mechanic to carry out a thorough inspection and service. Also, make sure that you wash and clean your car often. While most people don’t categorize this as car maintenance, it’s crucial for Arizona drivers.
Every type of car has specific maintenance needs. Preventive maintenance is the best way to avoid frequent issues and high repair costs. Always get your vehicle serviced and maintained by a certified and experienced car mechanic.
If problems persist and you’re in need of or just want to buy a used car, Craycroft Auto Sales is the perfect fit. You can visit their used car sales inventory and get auto credit approval all online. Quality used vehicles of every type, guaranteed credit, and low monthly payments. You can’t go wrong.
Is Your Car Overheating?
Stop immediately to help avoid massive engine damage.
Some Causes of Overheating Include:
- Coolant Leaks
- Radiator Hose
- Loose Clamp
- Water Pump
- Fan Inoperable